My first visit to The Body Shop store was around Christmas time. The SA convinced me to get the winter special – Spiced Vanilla because it is a special edition and people wait an entire year for those. I had just dipped my toes in TBS addiction waters, so I was not aware of the whole thing. Anyways, I got it, and I still thank my stars for doing so. Unfortunately, Spiced Vanilla did not show up after a couple of years. There was one Vanilla Chai last year, but it was nowhere close to what I needed in my life.
So, you can imagine how happy I was when I got the news about the Vanilla Marshmallow range. I love all of them except one.
- The Body Shop Vanilla Marshmallow Body Butter: This is the first product that I tried at the store, and I still smelled it on my hands till I went to sleep. This is one of the few body butters which has long-lasting fragrance. This is thick and yet easy to apply like all TBS body butter. I absolutely love this one. Since, it is very drying in Delhi, when using this one at night, I also layer it up with almond oil (first almond oil and then seal it up with TBS body butter)
- The Body Shop Vanilla Marshmallow Exfoliating Sugar Body Scrub: Very close to the TBS Shea exfoliator but even gentler. It cleanses and mildly exfoliates. Since we do not sweat during winter, we need to exfoliate frequency to remove the top layer of dead skin (which otherwise show as a white layer of dry and dull skin). This one is mild enough to be used daily but it I still effective.
- The Body Shop Vanilla Marshmallow Shower Gel: Creamy texture, mildly foaming, and non-drying – what is there to not love here? It foams more when used with a loofah.
- The Body Shop Vanilla Marshmallow Soap: I have used it once and saving it up for later.
- The Body Shop Vanilla Marshmallow Softening Body Lotion: Lighter in texture. The smell is suitable for winter, but the texture is for spring and summer. So, I am using the body butter now, and when it is over around February, I will start using the body lotion.
- The Body Shop Vanilla Marshmallow Shimmer Mist: This is my first time with the famous TBS shimmer mist, and I am not 100% sure if I like it. I am not a big fan of glitter, and I prefer using perfumes on clothes rather than on the skin. So, I am not sure about this one and won’t recommend this. Also, the fragrance does not last much. Should you just buy a nice highlighter instead? YES.
The only product I skipped is the bath bubble because I already got the soap and body wash.
This year there are two more special variants – Peppermint which I relate more to foot-care and dental-care and won’t wish to smell like that the whole day. Another one is Berry Bon Bon which is similar and sweeter than Strawberry.
Overall: Long story short, just buy the Vanilla Marshmallow range. Period.
I am going to stock up for next year winter as well because what if there is no vanilla next year. I will pick them during the end of year sale because the price is more than their usual around-the-year variants. (Currently on 30% on Buy 4)
For now, get the body butter and the sugar scrub.
Price: Body Butter ₹1,595, Body Scrub ₹1,895.00, Bath Foam ₹1,495.00, Body Lotion ₹1,095.00, Shimmer Mist ₹1,995.00