Since the time Glamglow entered the Indian market, everyone is raving about them. And since it is skincare, it is tough for me to turn a blind eye to the Glamglow masks. Issue – The price. A whopping Rs 1600 for just 15 grams. To make you feel that 15 grams is a good amount, they even pack them up in glass jars. How much is 15 grams? Well, the free masks sachets that The Body Shop gives are 5 grams each. Those last for around 2 usages….thrice if you can stretch them. So, Rs 1600 for something that won’t even last 8 proper applications is heartbreaking. But, I was tempted the whole time and wanted to try multiple of those. Then one day my friend informed me that she has got one of them. I could not control myself any longer. I had to check at Sephora. There I found this multimasking trial pack which is not only value for money, but I also get to try all their masks. The dam gates of my self-control crashed open.
Price: Rs 3200 for 70 grams of product. (The 50 grams tub for one mask retails for Rs 4050.) There are six masks. Five of them are in 10 grams tube, and Supermud is 20 grams tube. This retails for $39 in the USA which is about Rs 2600.
Packaging: Instead of the fancy glass tube, you get the face masks in travel-friendly lighter tubes. I find this a better deal. Sure they don’t look cute or sexy like the tubs with a big silver star on top. But, I find the tube packaging more hygienic and practical.
|Glamglow Multimasking Set of 6 Masks Sephora India Review|
|Glamglow Travel Size Tube Masks Supermud, Youthmud, Gravitymud, Thristymud, Flashmud, Powermud, Review|
|Glamglow Masks Texture: L to R: Supermud, Youthmud, Gravitymud, Thristymud, Flashmud, Powermud|
- Supermud Clearing Treatment (White tube): This one felt like the champion of all. In the instructions printed on the tube, they recommend to use a thin layer of Supermud mark for every day for the first three days and then once every other day. I used this on my forehead and nose (T zone). It takes around 20 minutes to dry up completely. Basically, it is a charcoal mask with bits of exfoliating bits (dried leaves?) It also has a tingling feeling. The mask is similar to The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal. Abet it is more comfortable than TBS to wash off but not as effective as The Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal mask. My skin does appear clearer after use of Glamglow Supermud, but I have not seen any action on acne/pimple.
- Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment (Black tube): Smells like green tea and yes, they are not joking about tingling feeling. I do think super sensitive skin will work well with this. It is more exfoliating - coarser and bigger granules.
- Gravitymud Firming Treatment (Purple): This is a peel-off mask. Nothing powerful but peels off easily. I found nothing interesting about it.
- Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment (Blue): For hydrating treatment, I recommend moisturizers, sleeping masks, or sheet masks. I think this will work only for someone who very dry skin who wish to pamper and splurge.
- Flashmud Brightening Treatment (Orange): It reminds me of The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion Scrub - almost invisible abrasive granules in a cream base. But, this has a creamier base. It exfoliates well.
- Powermud Dualcleanse Treatment (Green): Gentle and soft face mask with tiny granules. Smells and feels almost like the Lotus Frujuvenate Fruit Pack.
|Glamglow Travel Size Tube Masks|
Overall: I would recommend you the Glamglow masks only if you are addicted to skincare/face masks and ready to splurge. If you are looking for something to treat any skin issue, then I can suggest you something better for cheaper. I cannot believe this I have to say that The Body Shop does similar masks which are way more effective at almost half the price of Glamglow. There is no effect from these masks, which I will not get from another mask. In fact, I can easily get the effects (in fact more in most cases) by paying far less. Mud is something that Indian brands have been working for long. I will suggest if not TBS then go for Just Herbs or Lotus Herbals. I will not be buying these Glamglow masks again.
Have you tried Glamglow? I am interested in trying the glitter one - only because it looks cool. I have no idea how it will be good for skin. 😏