January is over. That means only one thing - Birthday month is here. I will travel the entire month. Before you get jealous, do realize that it is for work and I will be moving in the smaller cities. For example, I arrived Kolkata from Jamshedpur yesterday at 10 PM and now writing this post on my way Nagpur. So, I am kind of unhappy for being away from home. Being away from home means being away from healthy food and my whole collection of products. #SkincareAddict But, I pack most things with me in smaller bottles and tubs,
Enough of my blabber. Here is what that got over recently.
So, here is the first empties of the year.
Body Scrubs: During winters, it is necessary to exfoliate as we do not sweat and the dead skin has to be removed. But, whom am I kidding? I love scrubs all round the year. I just use them like a maniac during winters. Finished this month:
1. Neemly Shea Butter Body Polish: I arrived in My Envy Box, and I have already mentioned what a conflict it has been for me to decide between getting the cute glass jar and the saving the product because it smells good. I finally have the cute jar for my experiments.
2. Vedantika Ubton: I am surprised that I have not written the review yet. But, here is what – I love it. I had lentils powder making it impressive. It is somewhat similar to the Patanjali Ubtan.
3. Bipha Ayurveda Snanachurnam: It was part of Bipha Ayurveda Rukmini Skincare Pack. Not sure if they still make those gift boxes anymore. It was a nice way to try Bipha Ayurveda products.
4. The Body Shop Britsh Rose Body Scrub: Read more this and the entire British Rose collection here.
Haircare: I will use these two for the rest of my life.
5. American Garden Apple Cider Vinegar: I re-discovered this in 2016 after my major hair fall issue.It gives me immense pleasure to buy products from the food aisles in markets. This I the biggest bottle I have ever purchase for this. Unfortunately, the larger bottle is impossible to travel with. Should I pour it into smaller bottles? Will it work that way?
11. Japakusum Scalp Ointment: I can write songs for this. I do pour it out in a small bottle for use while traveling. Check the review post to see the before and after pictures. I am sure you will be impressed.
6. Skinyoga Marigold Foot Soak: I was super excited about this. Selected a particular date for this. But, boy is the soak impractical. It has powdered marigold petals which made it insanely messy. The coconut oil in this soak makes this sticky. It was a disaster.
10. Spa Ceylon Green Mint Cooling Food Scrub: This one was good. I tried my best to ration its use and make it last as long as possible.
Nail Polish Remover: I have started to be serious about nail polish again. Still not as crazy as I used to be but better. I hope I get my nail polish mojo back. ASAP.
13. Colorbar Nail Polish Remover: I find this not only good but also cost effective.
14. Glam21 Nail Paint Remover: A random nail polish remover wipe I picked from Mumbai to attend to a nail polish emergency situation. Turned out to be a good product for Rs 35.
15. Kara Nail Polish Remover Wipes Strawberry: The branded version of the above. Is it better? I will do a quick comparison post soon.
Body Oil: When you scrub like a maniac, you moisturize like crazy. Unfortunately, I was using hand creams while traveling so, just one got over. This time, I am carrying The Herb Boutique Snowflake with me.
7. Blue Nectar Balalakshadi Jasmine Vitamin D Massage Oil: It was amazing – smells good, absorbs quickly, non-greasy. But, has one small problem. I have notified the brand, and they have started working on it. I will do the review post after I get any update from them.
8. Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Scrub: Read more here
9. Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Thailam: Read more here.
12. Forest Essentials Floral Makeup Remover: I loved it at first. Even got the backup instantly. Then hated it for reasons that I am happy the second bottle is finally over. All about it here. From now, will use the FabIndia Panchapushp one.