Kolkata HANDICRAFT Fair Haul 2016
|Kalamkari Jute Fabric Handmade Shoes West Bengal Handicraft|
When the sweaty summer and humid monsoon bids adiu, Kolkata welcomes winter, the most bearable season. To enjoy it more, there is always a fair that you can go to. This time, I went to the West Bengal State Handicraft Expo (Poschim Banga Hastashilpa Mela). I went there last year as well and since I love it there, I could not miss it.
Here is what I picked
- Handmade Kalamkari Fabric Shoes for just Rs 300. Unbelievable, no?
|Vintage Indian Real Coin Necklace German Silver Threadwork|
- Vintage Indian Coin Necklace, The Red one is for Rs 550 and the Black one is for Rs 660. They have matching earrings as well. Picked it from Indrani's Jewellery. Also, picked two more earrings from her.
|Handmade Leather Pouch Bags Wallets Kolkata, West Bengal|
- Leather wallet, sunnglass case, pouches and bags. I also picked two more things that I forgot to click here. All combined Rs 350
|Leather Tote Squirrel Acron Orange Print|
- Leather Tote for Rs 500. I loved the squirrel and acron print. I also saw some manufacuring defects but could not say no to it.
- Shell Necklace along with matching earrings for Rs 100
Also, picked some fabrics, stoles and kantha stitch duppatta.
Liked anything here?
The fair is happening on Milan Mela Grounds opp Science City. The artists sell their own products so, the profits goes directly to them. As the state organises it, they do not take any charges for setting up the store so, no more overheads and we get the products at the least price possible. Win win.
If you are in Kolkata then please try to visit the fair.
You can see my last year's haul here