I did a similar post with my favorite perfumes for Spring and Summer. So, why should my favorite season fall behind? Especially when I love complex and heavier perfumes, and they work their charm in winters. I love perfumes that you can smell on yourself after some intervals especially when you are subject to heat. I always appreciate this character of perfume. It shows that good oils are present in it. Also, these nuances of a perfume are best observed in colder weather.
Here are my favorite winter perfumes that make getting out of my blanket, putting on clothes, and stepping out totally worth it.
Dior J'Adore Eau de Parfum: She will forever me my 'The Perfume.' (Yes - She - She is alive and she breathes. She loves to play peek-a-boo. When you think she is gone, she will come and surprise you). If money weren't an issue, I would use it every day. Mr. Boy jumped hoops to get me this as a surprise Christmas gift which came all the way from Istanbul. I never thought the 100ml bottle will get over and the greedy me used it almost every day at a stretch. As my nose got used to it, I felt that maybe the perfume has lost it glamor. But, one day a colleague of mine (who is majorly blind to all these shenanigans) said, "You always smell good. In fact, I can know you are coming even before you step in" Say what?
So, the first thing I checked when I returned home that day was the amount of perfume left. Sadly, it was less than 20%. I have tried to ration its use ever since.
So, by now, you might have realized why I am madly in love with Dior J'Adore-
A. I love the perfume. Last all day. Fetches me compliments like a golden retriever fetches sticks - every single time - without fail.
B. Mr. Boy remembered my blabber about the perfume
C. It is a gift from Mr. Boy
D. I received it for Christmas! I am not Christian, but Christmas is my favorite holiday. No hard feelings for Durga Puja. It is because I can celebrate without the pressure of following customs and traditions. I can eat ice creams for breakfast and call it my way to celebrate. (I will be traveling this Christmas)
(I referring my husband here as Mr. Boy because we weren't married back then )
I do want to repurchase but buying it again feels like cheating on the first bottle which came in as a gift. Emotional much?
- The Body Shop Vanilla Body Mist (Rs 795 for 100ml): Truth be told, I still miss The Body Shop Spiced Vanilla. Plus, there aren't many options in India when it comes to Vanilla. When they introduced the new holiday special Vanilla Chai Tea, I was over the moon. But, when I tried it at the store, I was not as impressed as I thought I would be. Luckily, last year, I found this at 50% off an quickly grabbed it. I love it. It is simple and sweet Vanilla - good for everyday daytime perfume. Not too sweet, nothing artificial, no fuss, perfume. It has moderate sillage and lasts almost the whole day. Nothing to complain about a 100ml bottle of warm, comforting perfume which I got for less than Rs 400.
- Elie Saab Le Perfum Eau De Parfum Intense (Rs 3050 for 30ml): This perfume is not for the faint-hearted. I still vividly remember the day in December 2013 when I tried it at a store - just like that - and later I was so much in love that it instantly went into my wishlist. I had to go back to the store to purchase it. Not only it is strong, the silage is humongous. Love it to take me while traveling as it is small and I never have to worry about reapplying. This was my first review post of 2014. We are now stepping into 2017, and I still love it like I did when I first used it.
- Forest Essentials Cologne Intense Madurai Jasmine (Rs 3200 for 50ml): This has recently become my 'Shaadi-wala-perfume' (wedding perfume). This is the most Indian perfume I have. Love it for evening and night. Read complete review here.
- Giorgio Armani Si Eau De Parfum (Rs 5500 for 50ml & Rs 8000 for 100ml): I am blessed to have got this in a hamper. Otherwise, for that price, I could not have tried this and never realize what I missed out on. It is fresh and fruity then you start to find the spices and then the woody character. Throughout it smells fresh. Just perfect for winter. Here is the review.
- Avon Little Black Dress Eau De Parfum Spray* (Rs 1499 for 50ml): This has been around since 2001 and I never even bothered to try. And there is a reason why it has been around for this long. I realized it only after I tried this on Mother's day. More details here.
Do tell me your favorite? Any perfume that should have been on this list?
Product marked with * is PR sample