I am a skincare person. I harp on the same your-skin-stays-with-you-forever string . So, I do not pay much attention to foundation. I do check them out at stores to know about the new ones, but I do not buy them unless I am blown away. I take a lot of my time to settle on them and then, use them almost till their expiry dates :P Hence, I do not have many. I have exactly one concealer palette, one spot concealer, one liquid foundation, one compact powder, one loose powder. So, I like to invest in such a way that I get the best for my money. Instead of buying three average products, it is better to get something with the combined value which works better.
A few months back, The Body Shop launched the new liquid foundation - Fresh Nude Foundation. I could not check it out because my skin color was not perfect. But, around a month back, when I got my skin color back, I went to the store to try it. I was swept off the floor.
- The texture and finish are to die for. It is better and different from everything that I have seen in stores so far. It gives a soft suede finish with radiance.
- It does not contain any shimmer so, gives an even-toned fresh, natural look. But, I can see a added glow which looks 100% real.
- It neither slips nor cracks nor peels (even when I go out on humid summer evenings). I cannot say how it will work for daytime because I am still not stepping out in the sun (health issues)
- Easy to apply. It on the more liquid side hence, easy to work with. I can even apply with fingers - pat and dab. I got best results with Beauty Blender Pro (for medium coverage) and Sigma F80 (for sheer coverage). I do prefer to spray some rose water or thermal water before applying this foundation.
- Feels like nothing is on my skin. It is light, and my skin still feels breathable. No heaviness or discomfort.
- I found my perfect match. Atlas Dune 045 is my exact skin color. I like the shade name as well. It is available in 7 shades in India with deeper color as well. I am always pleased that The Body Shop cares about the issue that other brands neglects. Remember the shades of The Body Shop Tea Tree BB Cream? On top of that, TBS also has shade adjusting Lightening Drops and Darkening Drops. But, we only have Lightening Drops in India.
- The cap. It slips open on its own when kept in a bag. Maybe I got a faulty bottle :( On top of that, the bottle is made of glass. #DoubleTrouble I will have to transfer to another bottle while traveling or pack it separately.
|The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation Atlas Dune 045|
Overall: I am lazy enough to skip wearing foundation to the office. When going out, I put on concealer (dabbed wherever needed) or some loose powder. I do not wear full makeup and use bold lip colors as my weapon (along with eye makeup and eyebrows :P). But, after I got this, I wear it even when I step out for just 10 minutes. I never even loved any BB cream this much. So, that speaks volumes about my love for this. I even added it my Top 10 Favorites.
The Body Shop Fresh Nude Foundation along with loads of mascara and hint of kohl is my new favorite combo - clear even toned skin with bright open eyes.
Before this, the only product I tried from them was the Loose Powder, which is a bomb. Unfortunately, they have stopped making it.
Which is your go-to foundation, compact and loose powder? Which type of texture do you like? Which brand is your favorite? I am all ears.