Crabtree & Evelyn TAROCCO ORANGE, Eucalyptus & Sage GIFT BOX with Shower Gel, Body Lotion, Hand Therapy and Nail File REVIEW
This is from my first purchase from Crabtree & Evelyn after they opened their store in Kolkata. While, I wanted to buy a lot of things, but only this gift box caught my attention as it has everything I wanted to try with a nail file packed inside a reusable pouch. Plus, this was the very variant that I wished to try - Tarocco Orange, Eucalyptus and Sage.
Fragrance - With 'orange' in its name, you can guess the zesty citrus smell. Additionally, the eucalyptus and sage give it a herb grassy feel. The smell is awakening with a soft herb touch. The smell is mild and suitable for any time of the day.
Gift Box Details - This gift set is called the 'Great Escape' gift box.
This Crabtree & Evelyn Gift Box contains travel size Tarocco Orange, Eucalyptus and Sage bath and shower gel, skin refreshing body lotion, ultra moisturizing hand therapy and a nail file.
There are several other gift boxes that are available at C&E so, you can surely get something of your liking. I was happy because I got the much celebrated hand cream in this box.
My very first Crabtree & Evelyn Hand cream!
- The pouch is waterproof from both inside and outside.
- This has a net inside to hold things in place.
Tarocco Orange, Eucalyptus and Sage Bath and Shower Gel
- The shower gel does not contain SLS but does contain SLES.
- The shower gel is without a doubt one of the mildest shower gel I have used.
- The texture is slightly on the runny side.
- It lathers up okay but not too much (which is something I personally like).
- As the smell is light, it lasts hardly for an hour or two on skin.
Tarocco Orange, Eucalyptus and Sage Skin Refreshing Body Lotion
As I said earlier here -
- Love Love Love the smell. Hate the texture it leaves behind - somewhat too smooth silicon feel.
- I feel that the moisturizer does not penetrate deep to moisturize skin and if I apply more then it starts getting uncomfortable to the extent that I have to take another bath.
- I will still use the lotion because words cannot define how much I love the smell.
- I have to apply a very small quantity just to get the fragrance on me.
Tarocco Orange, Eucalyptus and Sage Hand Therapy
- I am highly impressed by the rich creamy texture which get absorbed within seconds. Nothing like any of the hand creams I have tried this far.
- The smell last longest for the hand cream. At times even for 4-5 hours, I can smell it on my fingers.
- This is a tin tube but this one never got me worried as The Body Shop Absinthe hand cream.
- Sleek, slender and crisp packaging is adorable and travel friendly.
Texture - From left to right - Tarocco Orange, Eucalyptus and Sage
- Bath and Shower Gel
- Skin refreshing body lotion
- Ultra Moisturising Hand Therapy
Crabtree & Evelyn Nail File
Yes, the box even contains a nail file block! I am yet to use it because it is just too cute. I like nail files that are in a block compared to long strips ones. I believe the block ones are easier to hold and work with. So, I am sure that I will love this. I will let you know if I feel otherwise. *wink*
Price - Blinded by the beautiful store, I paid Rs 1695. But, if you wish to get it cheaper then read this to see my haul and other buying option.
Overall - I really wanted to try Crabtree & Evelyn products and Tarocco Orange variant was on top of my list (though I was just imagining the smell and never tried it before). I am happy to see 3 products, a nail file and a reusable pouch for Rs 1695. Also, I got to experience the hand cream which is absolutely great. I somehow now get the fuss about this.
My Recommendation - Visit the store on a fresh day - when your mind is free and choices are clear - try the smells of the various variants. Get the hand cream from the range you liked the most. Use the hand cream as hand cream and body lotion - VOILA! Now, you are smelling exactly the way you want to! In case, you have oily skin then, get the body mist. But, I have not used the body mist and cannot vouch for the lasting power.
If you are adventurous and still want to try all the products then get a travel size gift box before
investing purchasing the full sizes. These products ARE costly!
PS: My next purchase will be from the 'Evelyn Rose'.