Nice New NIVEA - Camu Camu Lotion, IN SHOWER Body Moisturizer and Refining Scrub in India
|Nivea Body Lotion Extra Whitening Cell Repair & UV Protect, Nivea Aqua Effect Skin Refining Scrub, Nivea In Shower Body Moisturizer Skin Conditioner|
Nivea was my go to brand when I was college. I used the Nivea soaps, soft cream, lotion and the even the talcum powder for four years straight! I also kept the white tubs to store variety of things. Do not ask me how many white tubs I had by the time I left the place! (In my final year I discovered Nivea lip balms which I made sure to buy in various variants for 2 more years. Please try Nivea Pink Guava - its perfect!)
But, later I discovered more brands and somehow Nivea just disappeared from my vanity. Recently Nivea launched the lip butters in tin. And then I discovered that Nivea offers a lot of options now in Indian market. Back then it was just the white and navy blue.
So, recently I got 4 things from Nivea and three thing are just awesome. The 4th thing will be talked about in another post.
Nivea Body Lotion Extra Whitening Cell Repair & UV Protect is everything you can expect from a daily summer lotion. Nivea claims to have 50X Vitamin C (from Camy Camu compared to Lemon extract) enriched with Amazonian Super Fruit Acerola Cherry and Camu Camu. There is also a pink/purple 40X Vitamin C version of this.
- For the first time I saw a lotion with 'Skin Feeling' meter on it. Nivea lotion is marked as light as I agree. It feels like nothing on skin. The lotion is runny and it just disappears. My skin just drinks this lotion. Burrrp..
- Nivea lotion is the best thing for summer. Even if you missed wearing sunscreen for some reason the SPF 15 will so some job.
- Another reason this turned out to be a summer favorite is because even it is not as fresh smell as Fab India Green Tea lotion, the crisp sweet smell of cherries with a hint of the known Nivea smell is very delighting for morning use. The smell does not last much anyways.
- Being a budget product sold at supermarkets and grocery store you do not expect them to be of good ingredients. But Nivea surprised us all with formula free of Paraben, Mineral oil, Colorants and Bleaching.
- Easily available everywhere in India and priced within budget - INR 118 for 50 ml, INR 249 for 200 ml and INR 347 for 350 ml
- Strong flip top so, travel friendly.
- None. It claims to lighten skincare but I haven't care about that so, cannot comment.
Overall - MUST BUY.
Nivea Aqua Effect Skin Refining Scrub - I usual, the first thing I do when I see a new product is check ingredients. Imagine my situation when I saw - Nylon 11! How can I ignore such a thing? Nivea scrub contains some blue particles which burst while using and some transparent abrasive particles floating on a jelly
- Clean and Mild - After Lush Dark Angels got over I was devastated and badly needed a good scrub which exfoliates as well as mild on skin. Nivea aqua effect skin refining scrub pressed all the buttons correctly. My skin feels clean and fresh after use without any drying feeling.
- Little goes a VERY long way. I take a coin size of the product to scrub my face and neck. I always use it on wet skin. Plus, I make more water as I continue to scrub. I do so very gently. And get the perfect mild exfoliation.
- Travel friendly and hygienic tube packaging
- Price - Rs 149 for 75ml which is not much as this will last long.
- Contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate. I do see mild bubbling when I take more water to work with the scrub. Luckily, it does not make my skin dry as I anyways use very less product.
Nivea In Shower Body Moisturizer Skin Conditioner. - And this is what I called 'Interesting'. You may ask what is In Shower Body Moisturizer. Isn't my skin already hydrated because I am 'in-shower'. Well, Nivea had clean idea that we will ask this question so, they kept it simple - 'Use after Cleansing. Rinse Off.' - just like hair conditioners.
The idea is to save your time spent on moisturizing your body. This does not help too much because moisturizing does not take time but for lazy days this is good. I do not use it everyday but when I come back home - tired and drained - I do reach out for it during my evening shower.
- Saves time. Good thing for lazy bones who want to save some time and yet love their skin. For morning, when I am in huge hurry and it is more of a quick shower, I use the in shower moisturizer at times. Overall not a daily product but yet something I enjoy.
- Another thing I enjoyed about this that you do not need to wait for your skin to dry the greasy lotions or moisturizer. Come out of shower and wear whatever you wish to wear!
- You can moisturize every nook and corner of the body. This point might sound stupid but I know people who use moisturizers only on hand and feet because the 'rest' is tough to reach - not anymore!
- I got it around end of winter and it did helped me to get rid of flaky legs. So, it does moisturizers - not other marketing stunt to make people buy stupid things
- Silicone free. Thank you Nivea. (I am seriously thinking if this can be use as a conditioner....)
- This can be serious hit or miss product. While someone might feel it absurd and unnecessary, others might feel it as a boon in their juggling life. So, think before you buy. You might be hating it right now as well if you feel that moisturizing your body is other stress relaxing thing you do everyday and continue your whole like - well.....actually I do fell that way *wink* But, I am happy because it saves time for me.
Price - INR 250 for 250ml.
Strong and Sturdy Nivea bottles.
L to R - Nivea Body Lotion Extra Whitening Cell Repair & UV Protect, Nivea Aqua Effect Skin Refining Scrub, Nivea In Shower Body Moisturizer Skin Conditioner
|Nivea Body Lotion Extra Whitening Cell Repair & UV Protect, Nivea Aqua Effect Skin Refining Scrub, Nivea In Shower Body Moisturiser Skin Conditioner|
Overall - I am very happy with the three Nivea products that I discovered in last few months. I am surely going to check on Nivea from now on. Nivea Camu Camu body lotion is my favorite from these three and I will recommend you in case you are looking for a light moisturizer for summer. Nivea skin refining scrub comes real handy at time. BTW, this is the only scrub that I have in my vanity at this moment. Nivea In-shower skin conditioner is an interesting thing. Please thing properly before buying this. They also have another variant in blue bottle for this which provides more moisturization.