A Million Thanks to Dear Lord because my dry skin is back! I was fed up with my Acne prone oily skin for the last 18 months of my stay at Kolkata. As my skin is still kind of sensitive, I took out my favorite day cream - Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion with Clary Sage which I got from Sephora Delhi in January.
Back then when I tried this at store and I knew I had to have it. At that time in the store, thought it was winter, (or maybe because it was winter) the temperature was set to a higher level. My skin was burning and irritated that time. Anything I tried at Sephora seem to do nothing. Then, when I tried Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion, I could feel it working. I could feel that the tiny cracks caused by the dry heat was filled in by this cream. So, in Jan, this was my companion for 2 weeks but when I was back to Kolkata, I decided to stop using it as my skin turn oily in Kolkata. Now, that my skin is dry again, I am using it every day for last 2 weeks as both day and night cream.
The fact that the product is 99% natural did the trick of making me week on my knees. (You know I have thing against all chemical lotions and potions). All Burt's Bees products have this mentioned. For example their Orange Oil cleanser is 100% natural. And Burt's Bees products does work for me well.
Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Fragrance (Natural Fragrance), Propanediol, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Lactobacillus, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Trichilia Emetica Seed Butter, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Powder, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara ( Bitter Orange) Peel, Polymnia Sonchifolia Root Juice, Lecithin, Alpha Glucan Oligosaccharide, Maltodextrin, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Stearic Acid, Sodium PCA, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Amyl Cinnamal, Eugenol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool
Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion has Clary Sage which is clinically proven to provide intense hydration and repair skin from lines. It has a balm like texture. This day lotion melts and skin in skin in seconds. A tiny pea size amount is all that is need for my face and neck. You just need to press the nozzle half way down. Though it is for intense hydration, you will not feel you slathered your face with something plasticy and oily like other moisturizers for dry skin. This just sinks inside skin and leave skin soft, supple and moisturized.
- 99% Natural. Does not contain Mineral oil or Dimethicone.
- Beautiful mild herb smell. No artificial perfume.
- Does not feel oily or greasy even thought it is for intense hydration
- Balm like texture which heals sensitive skin
- Melts and sinks in skin smoothly. So, it does says 'intense moisturization' but do not think that it is filled with oils that will just sit on your face.
- Makes skin light, supple and moisturized.
- Good for winters and dry sensitive skin
- Little goes a long way. Only half a pump of product is good enough for face, neck and back of your neck.
- Does not have the standard meaningless 15 SPF which make most moisturizers unfit to be used as night creams. Yes, you guessed it right - I use this as both day and night cream
- No SPF for Day cream. But, personally I prefer a different sunscreen.
- Availability. Only available at Sephora Delhi in India.
- Price of INR 1800 for 50 gm is on the expensive side. The actual price is $18.00 but priced almost double in Sephora India. So, if you can, then get this from USA.
|Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion with Clary Sage Review|
Other than the fact that it is bit expensive and available only in Delhi, I love Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion. Anyone with sensitive skin knows how difficult it is to get something that does not irritate your skin. And for my sensitive skin, this is a knight in shining armor. Love the smell and the texture. The fact that it sinks in and does not feel oily is what that makes it perfect. Say Hello to soft, supple and healthy skin.
Burt's Bees Intense Hydration Day Lotion with Clary Sage is 99% natural. Say Bye Bye to nasty petroleum by products and other harmful chemicals. I am going to repurchase this. If in case my skin is back to oily during summer, I will explore something else from Burt's Bees.