Moi in Cosmopolitian India April 2013 - Tailor Made your Own Summer Body Scrub
As some of you might be aware that I was featured in the Fast Glam section of Cosmopolitan India April 2013 Edition. If not then jump to page 84 of your copy. And who do not have a copy can just see it here.
It all started when Priyam from Cosmo India mailed me on 12th March asking me if I can do a DIY beauty post. I could not believe my eyes when I read the mail. When I was back to Earth, I replied her saying I can do it. Luckily I was thinking of doing a summer body scrubs, toning face packs and lips scrub post for the blog. I told her my idea and she told me to ahead with body scrub.
[EDIT - Read about the Lips Scrub - DIY Lips Scrub]
As many of you know, I have a very demanding 5 days job and so, I click pictures only on weekends. So, I decided to take a leave on 13th March. But cute pics? Cute pic needs cute things? And its mid week! How will I buy even if I wish to? And then it came to my mind – it’s a DIY so, I should DIY!
To decorate? The elastic was brought a year back – a dozen for 39 INR from NewU shop. The green and blue strip of paper meant to write down the ingredients in case you gift it was from the tag of Westside. LOL.
I had to use something more in yellow because I know they use the black yellow background, so I used the yellow spoon from a sugar free powder.
Details On the Ingredients I am adding few more details here so that you can customize for your need. The best thing about this DIY is you can skip at your will and add at your will. A tailor made scrub for you - Taa Daaa
a. Brown or White? I have used white one because I didn't had enough powdered brown one to fill a bottle! So, you can use brown or white – I do not see any difference in action.
b. Powdered or Granules? Stick to powdered form for sensitive skin. Granules ones are better because its more abrasive and also, act as an indicator. Scrub till the granules melt and save yourself from over exfoliating.
2. Oats – Oats are a great binder. The good things in your scrub might not get much time to do some good for you. Keep this on your skin for few minutes and oats help to make it act like a face pack. Oats in itself is also a very mind exfoliator so, no need to grind them up. I used Quaker Oats.
3. Coffee and Chocolate – Most people stick to one of them but I always like them together. Chocolate is greats for acne prone and sensitive skin; protects from sun damage. Coffee reduces cellulite and brightens skin. Plus, the morning kick from coffee is great. I skip both in summer because I want fresher smell that I get from bath salts. I used Bru instant Coffee and Cadbury Drinking Chocolate here. I prefer to ground the coffee beans that you get in coffee shops.
4. Bath Salts – If coffee and chocolate is not your thing then add bath salt of your choice for a feel good smell. Or use essential oils.The one I used here had no smell to act against coffee and chocolate. In summer, I use fresher aqua smells bath salts.
5. Honey – The natural source of Alfa Hydroxy Acid – think anti aging, anti wrinkle! I used an organic one that Daddy got for me from Arunacal Pradesh. Even the bees were on organic flowers which have never seen any chemicals. I treasure this honey.
6. Almond and Olive Oil – Both are great for sensitive skin and great moisturizer. Skip them if you have super oily body skin. You can also use yogurt or milk but then do not keep it in the bottle. Mix them when you are about to use it.
How to Use - When you are ready to use this, mix all the ingredients with the spoon, take out a huge serving and enjoy the warm coffee and chocolate smell or the smell of bath salts or essential oil. Gently scrub till the sugar granules dissolves. Leave it on and let the oats help your skin take in the moisture from almond and olive oil.
Hope you liked it and make one for you.
And here is the pic I sent them to post. You should not expect anything when you click in hurry right after you return from office in summer! So, however I am looking - ITS OK!
Repeat with me - ITS OKAYYYYYY
|Wearing Revlon Whipped Cream Warm Golden, MAC Dear Diary, Maybelline Hyber Sharp Liner. I used some eyeshadow as brow powder and some on lids from the Sleek Oh So Special. The Bow Print top is from Remanika.|
Thanks to Priyam for the opportunity.
She was very clear with what she want and it was great working with her.
I will do a post soon about that toning anti-acne face pack - using the same formula for last 15 years! I didn't for last one year, faced loads of issues and now I am back to the same. Only problem is that I am very busy these days. On top of it Mr. Boy gave a surprise visit of 5 days and so, could not post anything. And I have loads of personal things to do this month, maybe even the NEXT month. Blogging will suffer but I will try my best to keep you entertained *wink*
And in other news - I told Mr Boy that Priyam from Cosmo has contacted me and he was very happy about it. I kept my calm the entire time but lost it on 1st April. I told boy to find a cosmo in Delhi when I could not spot one in 7 stores here in Kolkata. Even he failed but I realized that it was a All Fools Day so, I told him that I saw the mag but my entry is missing. Mr Boy tried to cheer me up and I played my part of being sad and broken. When he came to Kolkata, we were walking down Park Steet, I said how other bloggers were published in Cosmo etc etc and he tried to cheer me up again with some nonsensical stupid stories. When the stories reached my tolerance level, I picked up a Cosmo and opened page 84. Use your imagination for the rest of the story *wink*