Winter Skincare Routine with 11 Skincare Mini Review- ( Sensitive Combination Skin)
I was thinking of doing this for long but then my skincare routine was super simple. But after I moved in to Kolkata, a lot changed – diet, humidity and lifestyle. So, here after a lot of hit and trial, I ended up with this skincare routine. To be true at present, less is more much more. It’s very sensitive now and I cannot use anything harsh on it – no face wash to be specific (other than Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser and I only have few sample left as Kiehl's is not in Kolkata).
♥♥♥ MORNING ♥♥♥
♥ Sun Protection ♥
1. Lotus Safe Sun 40 SPF - I usually don’t have much time after I get up and run for office. I also do my makeup in office. So, I clean my face with water. (How I wish I have a bottle of Kiehls Cleanser) and I use Lotus Sunscreen. I generally use the SPF 50 one which is lighter than this one and this 40 SPF one lives in my everyday bag.
I am using them from 2007-08 I guess and I never thought of changing. Ohh wait, I thought of trying and used the Neutrogena one – total yuck – hated the smell, hated the texture and it made my super skin skin super oily (the first time I realized what a curse oily skin is!)
♥ Cleanse ♥
2. Cetaphil Cleansing Lotion for Sensitive Skin – I wash off all the dirt and the sunscreen right after I reach office (don’t want to sit all day with the pollutants on my face huh?). I love it and I am using it for 2 years now.
I got a severe case of ance after my first ever (and only) facial experience. Boy was out of town and we were supposed to go to somewhere for Christmas. I freaked out and went to doc who gave to loads of medicine(which I checked later and found were strong steroids – I guess I freaked him out about my upcoming, much awaited vacation ) and this is something that I continued to use. Not always in fact. I do not keep a stock of this or buy back to back but I always try to have it with me.
♥ Moisturize ♥
3. L’Oreal Revitalift White Day Cream – A very sweet SA gave me a sample of this. I was not sure about using a anti-aging cream but I wanted to included something in my daily routine. Plus it talks about fairness so, I was against it. I am very happy that she forced me to try the sample because I love this. I got the full size two months back. Let me know you want a detailed review.
♥♥♥ EVENING ♥♥♥
♥ Cleanse ♥
4. Maybelline Make Up Remover Eye & Lip – Thank you make up industry for creating bi-phase makeup remover. Why have the idea not come to you before I stung my eyes uncountable times with those creamy-not-so-effective-against-waterproof-eye-liner ?? And thanks Maybelline for having this in the market at such a cost effective price. I soak cotton wipes (not balls) with this, place it on my eyes for a few secs, wipe it outwards in a very gentle stoke and voila!
All gone! Well, most of the time. At time I have to work on some unattended areas – the reason you much buy square wipes as they have four comers to deal with tiny bits of liner left. I do not use foundation etc and do not use this on face other than eye area. The other thing I want to try are makeup removing oils which are mineral oil free. I might use even Almond oil during the months of winter. It promotes eye lash growth (maybe!)
5. Lush Aqua Marina - I talked and bored you about this already HERE.
♥ Tone ♥
6. Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner – This is something I never thought of using NEVER. But the SA gave me few samples and I ended up loving it. For the first time a toner didn't stung me. I actually use it like a serum. I just pat a few drops on my forehead and chin. I do not have much pore issues so cannot comment but I can surely say its effective and gentle. The Kiehl’s Ultra facial Cleanser is the only face wash that I can use so you can judge how mild and effective they are. Maybe that's because of salicylic acid *does a mental note to search for salicylic adic in skincare ingredients*
♥ Moisturizer ♥
7. L’Oreal Pearl Perfect Night Cream – Another fairness product? No I do not want to be fair but I love this. I have used the Day Cream and it actually made my skin more bouncy(weird?). After I got L’Oreal Revitalift White Day Cream, I thought of getting the night for this. I might switch between the day and night again. I am sure it would not work as a sole moisturizer where its too cold (read Delhi) but its working like magic in here.
8. The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydration Intense Creme – Another of my all time favorite but I do not use it much now because its INTENSE and I do not need anything INTENSE. It is mostly use for specific spots where I feel extra care should be given.
♥ Body Lotion/Butter ♥
9. Jergens Skin Smoothing Gentle Exfoliating Moisturizer – I mostly use it only on my hands (but not elbows.) I got this just 2 weeks back and I am amazed with the fast absorbing quality. LOVE. But surely won’t repurchase as I am sure it won’t work when it gets colder and dryer in here. BTW I have no idea why its called a gentle 'exfoliating' moisturizer. Seriously......why?
10. Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E – Love has a name and this is it. This is the first product that I reviewed so you can guess my love for this one.
11. The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter – Another product which got recently. But I am surely missing Shea Body Butter because this is not as thick as that. I end up mixing Coconut body butter with Palmer’s cocoa butter for my body. I go to sleep smelling like cake... seriously....every day.....
You saw how I am not experimenting much with the products on face (using products that I have trust for years or something that I have tried/checked using sample) but skin a product junkie with body? Because (I repeat), my skin is very sensitive now and I do not want to irritate it in any way. It screams to me – DON’T ANGRY ME